Friday, November 28, 2008

Thing #18: Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

For this "thing", we're to look at the Web 2.0 Award winners and talk about one in particular. Looking at the list of winners, I have heard of a few of them, but many I had not. Under the "food" category, I found imcooked.com. I'm already aware of recipe-sharing and review sites like allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com, so I was curious to see how this Web 2.0 site was different from the ones I already know.
Imcooked is youtube meets allrecipes, where users upload videos of recipes and viewers can rate them. The videos' production quality ranges from high to low, but it's interesting to actually "see" cooking techniques instead of just reading about them. While many videos are made by actual chefs or people who talk as if they're on TV, I like the videos of real people best.
There's also groups of videos by type "College Cooking" and you can search the videos by type of recipe as well. I also like that you do not have to sign up to watch the videos, only if you want to contribute or interact with the other users.

~T

No comments: