Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thing #10: Image Generators

Hee! I love image generators. They literally provide hours of fun, and if you show people what you've made, they're going to say, "That is awesome!! How can I do that??" This is exactly the element that needs to be stressed when teaching Web 2.0 technologies, that even you (yes, you!) can play and have fun! These can also be used as a sort of community building exercise for your patrons. I know CML did a series of ALA Read posters a while back, what about having a contest where patrons make up their own poster that celebrates reading?

So I created a really cute "make your own drug" poster that I found on The Generator Blog, but I can't get it to post to my blog. In case anyone wants to see it, the URL is here.

But I wanted to post something here, so here's an image generator I found from redkid.net.
What an idea, an airline with an on-board library or Amazon Kindles available to rent! Although the name makes me think of the school reading incentive with Pizza Hut.

~T

1 comment:

Unknown said...


www.ImageGenerator.org has hundreds of online image makers to play with. Make pics with your text, digital photos or live webcam!