Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thing #3: Create a Blog

Done!
Wow, that was easy! Now, so this entry is longer than 2 sentences, I think I'll share what I'm reading right now. All items care of Discovery Place!

Book: I just finished Plain and Fancy by Wanda Brunstetter, a reading choice from a book-a month challenge at my library. Each month, we're encouraged to read a book from a specific genre to broaden our readers advisory horizons, and the genre for August is inspirational fiction. I'll just say, some genres have been more enjoyable than others. =)
Next on the read list is A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck. This is a children's book that tells the story of a brother and sister who come to live with their crotchety, oddball grandmother during the depression. This is also the book that precedes Newberry Award winner A Year Down Yonder, which I have already read.

Audio Book: In my car, I'm listening to Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock. It's a teen fiction novel about a girl who works on a dairy farm in Wisconsin and helps out a local football player with whom she shares a love/hate relationship. The reader of the book has this neat Wisconsin accent (think Fargo) which I think adds to the authenticity and believability of the story.

Music: Can't leave out the non-literary items! I just checked out 19 by Adele. I don't know a whole lot about her, she does alternative rock, and she's big in the UK.

~T

No comments: