Monday, August 25, 2008

Thing #4: Register Your Blog

Since I'm not a CML employee, I don't have access to the tracking log on CML's Intranet or whatever it is. So, to keep track of my "things", I've signed up for 43 Things to track my 23 Things progress. 43 Things is a sort of social networking meets The Bucket List; users make up an account and track their goals in life, which can range from "get married" to "go to Jim Morrison's grave" to "stand up to my mother". You can then see how many other users want to accomplish the same goals as you (412 want to get laser hair removal, just so you know), and even cheer them on in their pursuits. There's also a little diary-type feature that lets you write about your experiences once you "complete" each goal.
While the idea is nice; goals meets social networking/sharing, I'm not sure I feel comfortable letting the world know my "must do before I die" list. In any case, it's a computerize method to keeping track of any set of goals.

~T

1 comment:

Cat Herself said...

I registered for 43 things a long while ago, but I quickly lost interest. Using it for something like this is a great idea! Are you having fun with the L&P challenge?