Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing #5: Flickr

If ever there was a Web 2.0 technology accessible to the masses, it's photo sharing. People love to share pictures of their grandkids, their friends, places they've gone on vacation, endless shots of cute stuff their cat does...and what better way to share pictures than with photo sharing sites such as Flickr, Snapfish, and Ringo! In particular, I like Flickr because it has teamed up with Picnik, a photo editing software, so users can delete red eye, crop pictures, and sharpen any blurriness. I don't have any photo editing software on my home computer (nor does my library), so I was happy to see this new feature added to the Flickr site.
Now, I don't have any cat pictures to share (librarian without a cat? Quelle horreur!), so instead, I'll share a picture of my parents' dog, Jack.


Have a great Labor Day weekend!

~T

1 comment:

Art Vandelay said...

Jack is so cute. My family had a dog named Jack when I was young.